Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trip to Mississippi






The kids and I just returned from Mississippi. We had a great trip! My brother flew in from overseas and proposed to his girlfriend. Lots of excitement!
We had a party at my Uncle Chris and Aunt Mary's house. We all got to meet Laurie's family. It was decorated beautifully and the food was great. My kids are so excited that they are going to have an Aunt Laurie. They love her!
The next day was the 4th of July. Granny cooked her ever famous and delicious chicken and dumplings. Oh! so good! Then we all went to the Mississippi Braves baseball game. It was lots of fun and at the end of the game there were fireworks. The kids really loved it! It was close to midnight by the time we got back to Granny's house.
On Monday, we had lunch with some of my aunts and cousins and family friends. It was fun to see some of them that I haven't seen in about 4years. Some of them had never met Ella! The last time I saw them was at Nana's funeral. It was 4 years ago to the day, actually. July 3rd she has been gone 4 years and then her funeral was the 5th. Man, I sure do miss her! Wish she could have been here to be a part of all of the celebrations.
We headback to Mississippi one more time this summer for Owen to attend soccer camp at Mississippi State at th end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment