Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christ Died for Me

There are times in life that I am drawn back to these specific Words of the Bible...."in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Wow, that really blows me away! Hard to believe (although I definitely do and for it I am so thankful) that in ALL my ugliness (yes, sin) He loved me enough to die for me. Through that death my forgiveness was made possible. He was willing to go to whatever lengths to bring about forgiveness for me (and the world),even when I was not interested in that forgiveness. Looking at the beginning of that verse (Romans 5:8), it is made clear that His death (my path to forgiveness and salvation) is and always will be a demonstration of His great love for me (us).
And yet for me, forgiveness is so hard. It is so hard for me to take hold of, and not let go (honestly, that is the hard part-the not letting go). I often times forgive and then decide to take it back. I am not willing to go to the lengths necessary to "hang on" to the decision to forgive. I let hurt and pride get in the way.
I am so glad that Christ was willing to forgive me! He was willing to do whatever it took.He is a good God and each time I try to take in just what He did for me I am awe-struck. And yet, I am the one who withholds forgiveness.
Forgiveness in my life should be a demonstration of His love (wow! That is a tall order!)

No comments:

Post a Comment