Friday, April 23, 2010

Ella Decides to put a Bead up her Nose

Well, today ended up being an "exciting" day. Ella told me that she had something stuck up her nose. At first I thought it was a lite brite peg. Turns out it was a hair bead. I was not sure at first that there was really something up there. With the help of a flashlight I noticed a little pink bead was definately up there--way up there. At first I was in a panic. But she was breathing fine and after I calmed down she did too. I tried putting pepper under her nose to make her sneeze but didn't have any luck. I tried to rub her nose in hopes of moving it down but nothing worked. I called the insurance and found a place that could help us. Ella was very upset that she had to go to the doctor. The nurse came in and said that I was going to get it out. Wondering "what in the world am I fixing to do?" So here's what worked- I put my finger over the nostril that was not clogged, put my mouth over her mouth and blew into her mouth as hard as I could. It took 3 tries, but then it shot out. I could not believe it worked! She is fine now and keeps telling me, "Mommy, I am so sorry I put that bead up my nose. I won't do it again!"

2 comments:

  1. At least she is sorry and says she won't do it again. I have a feeling Calvin would think it was very cool and he would want to do it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean.. was there not another way to get that outta there?!! Haha.. yep, you can tell by that comment that I am not a mommy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete