Thursday, February 3, 2011

No Other Gods

I started leading a single ladies Bible Study this week entitled "No Other Gods." I think that it is going to be great. I am really excited about getting to know all of the sweet ladies that are studying with me. We are going to have alot of fun.
I began studying the first week's material this morning. There was a definition that hit me square between the eyes. It is a definition of "false god." So often I try to equate the idea of a "false god" with statues and graven images. It truly is so much more. What a great reminder I got this morning!
Ken Sande defines it this way: ..something other than God that we set our heart on, that motivates us, that masters and rules us, or that we trust, fear, or serve.... According to this definition, I have some false gods to deal with in my life. What is the source of my motivation? What do I fear? Oh! I could go on and on.
2Kings 17:33- "They worshiped the Lord, but they also served their own gods."

1 comment:

  1. Casey,
    Thank you so much for taking time to look at my blog and leave me a comment. Your aunt was so sweet to send me information about our new home in FL. What a small world! I'll look forward to getting to know you and your family through your blog. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete